Monday, August 07, 2006

Ouendan! = Video game crack

I love those crazy Japanese cartoons. I love them even more when put to crazy Japanese music.

Enter Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan (that's Go! Fight! Cheer Squad for those of you who don't know Japanese).
Imagine Dance Dance Revolution in a Nintendo DS...and Ouendan is what you get.

I can't stop playing it.

If you are having trouble getting past some of the stages I will post some video footage of the stages that I seemed to have the most trouble with (all on Level: Hard).

It's my little contribution to humanity. I figure it can save time for those of you who just can't get past a level...perhaps a verse in a song is screwing you up. Just watch the videos and tap along.

Up first is:

The Matsuri Competition (the crazy race stage)
Song: Melody

Once you get the verses down you are 3/4ths done. It's the bridge of the song that got me.

Check out my Perfect "S" performance of it. Dedicated to the devil himself - Eric.



Up next is:

The Dodgeball Crush (that dodgeball fight)
Song: "Thrill" - the one that says "Baby, Baby, Baby" during the chorus.

This one is easy once you figure out the order to hit the circles at the very beginning. Watch and learn.

Yes I know I didn't get an "S" - I was too lazy to get a perfect.
...and non that is not a dead pixel near the top of the DS screen. That green light is the light from the iSight camera in my Macbook Pro.

And yes this video footage sucks compared to the first one...I got lazy and dumped the camcorder and editing.

You might want to boost the volume on this video.

No comments: