Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A little catch up

I've been sitting in our office trying to fix our old VHS player (yes - we still watch video cassettes) when frustration hit. I turned to the most reliable place of solace - the internet.

After reading a few blog posts I realized that I hadn't posted anything on this wretched blog. Thus this amazing entry.

It looks like the last post I entered was almost a full year ago. Well much has happened since then.

PAX MUG = Penny Arcade Expo 2008 - Mens Unimpeded Gaming

I spend 3 full days in Seattle to attend this years PAX. I must say it was one of the most interesting expos I've ever attended in my life. Imagine loading a large building with rooms with games of all types (video, board, card, etc.) then invite the worlds population of nerds/geeks to play. Well that is PAX in a nutshell. I heard various numbers - but the most reliable number I heard was that about 80,000 nerds attended throughout the weekend. That is an immense amount of nerdness - and I was one of them.

The convention was amazing - but the road trip to the convention was an entirely almost even more so. 5 married men - in a van - with video games... somehow made it to and back from Washington in one piece.



Check out the PAX MUG YouTube channel for more of the madness.

Well - my stomach calls. Time for a tasty tuna sandwich before my sweet slumber.

No comments: