Friday, March 26, 2010

First time on olympic ice - Look out Mr. Ohno

Jeanette finally got me to ice skate at the olympic oval. It was only the 3rd time I have ever ice skated in my life - so I prepared myself for complete failure... painful failure.

That being said - the ice skating gods were good to me and I didn't fall once. Nor did Jeanette. It was pretty amazing skating on the same oval that olympic events were held on not too long ago. Sort of a pity that I don't visit it more often.

After a shaky start we got going pretty good. I'd place us at just above beginner - but nowhere close to olympic level.

I have to admit - it was pretty fun gliding on that olympic ice. I might have to try it again some time.

Here is some great footage taken with my cell phone. Although it looks like we aren't going that fast I swear we were going at a good pace. Ignore the people blazing by us.


2 comments:

ScottyDaren said...

next blog I hope to see either a back flip on ice or you throwing Jeanette up to do a twirly thing and landing it perfectly.

Johnny Allred said...

Pretty good. I'm kind of like Bambi, not able to stand up on ice at all, but eventually becoming the most feared beast in the forest.